View to the Castle | etching | Friedrich Neubauer

View to the Castle

inventory number: 10025
076 x 054 cm

The “Schöne Brunnen” (“Beautiful Fountain”) on the right was built from 1389 to 1396. Behind it the “New City Hall” built from 1954 to1956 is rising. The “Old City Hall” is also to be seen consisting of a building complex from the late Gothic and another art-historically significant complex from the Renaissance period. After the destructions due to the war the Council Hall of 1515 as well as the three magnificent portals with tower floors put on them were reconstructed.