inventory number: 10127
034 x 026 cm
One wing of the Hospice of the Holy Spirit was endowed already in 1331 and newly built from 1511 to 1527. The building spans the river Pegnitz with two large arches which was an _audacious construction at the time of building. The imperial insignia, imperial crown, imperial orb and scepter were kept in the church of the Holy Spirit from 1424 until 1796. The church was completely destroyed in 1945. Today the treasure with the imperial insignia is kept in Vienna, to where it was taken by the victorious powers after the war.